Can your customers find you? How much business are you losing by not being visible in the search results?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can sometimes seem like black magic, but I can help you understand why your site’s not ranking, and how to rank better.
The foundation of search engine optimisation is to make sure that your website is configured right.
- Make sure you’re not blocking Google from seeing your site.
- Ensure unimportant and duplicate pages aren’t indexed.
- Use markup to tell search engines what’s important on your site.
On-page SEO and keyword optimisation
The next step is to make sure that when someone searches for “widgets” they find your widget shop.
- Keyword research helps us understand what your audience may be searching for.
- Build destination pages around each important keyword, and structure your site to lead people to them.
- Write copy and markup optimised to the keywords you choose
If you’re a local business, do you appear at the top of the search results for terms like “restaurants near me”?
- Get on the map by making sure your correct details are registered with Google.
- Make sure your address and phone number are correct and up-to-date across the web.
- Get better results with reviews, photos, opening hours, and other features.
Conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
Don’t just get page views – get valuable customers! CRO is about achieving real business outcomes through your website.
- Match your search engine results to buyer intent.
- Optimise the whole of the sales funnel, from first Google search to final purchase.
- Use analytics to understand which promotional channels bring most value.
Outreach and link building
If a webpage falls in the forest, does anyone hear? You need to lead people – and search engines – to your site to have it rank well.
- Develop an outreach plan to promote your blog posts and feature pages.
- Research and reach out to sites who may link to your content.
- Collaborate and build partnerships to strengthen inbound links.
Analytics and reporting
It can take time to see SEO results, but analytics can help you understand what’s working and what’s not.
- Understand the sources of traffic to your website, and which bring most value.
- See what search terms people are using to come to your site.
- See which content is most successful, and leverage it for improved results.
I can help bring customers to your website
Contact me to discuss how we can work together.