Ballarat Buzz passed a couple of milestones recently, gaining 1,000 likes on Facebook and over 7,000 monthly unique visitors to the website itself.
Ballarat Buzz launched in October 2018, offering free event listings for Ballarat and the surrounding area. Since then we’ve had:
- 66,041 unique visitors (that’s almost 2/3 the total population of Ballarat!)
- 910 people subscribed to our weekly “What’s on” newsletter
- 70 newsletters sent (every Thursday afternoon except over the Christmas break)
- 585 events listed by the community (recurring events are counted only once)
- an average of 1,000-1,500 events listed at any time
- 130 top-3 Google search rankings for terms like “ballarat kids events” and “ballarat markets“
Operating Ballarat Buzz has been a highlight of our work at Flax Digital, combining service to our local community with a challenging and interesting web development project. (Ballarat Buzz is built on WordPress with integrations into a number of other systems.)
Please help us spread the word about Ballarat Buzz, and of course, list your events (it’s free!) to reach a huge local audience.